View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:43 AM
shopbelt

Originally Posted by hpylady
My 10 yr. old grandson is working on his 1st wallhanging and my 3 1/2 yr old has been begging for me to teach her. Although, I feel its too soon for her to have her hands around a needle, I let her watch me alot. She loves to look at all of my quilt books. She acts like she is teaching a sewing class. It's so funny. I also am teaching her to fix her bed now and just yesterday, I taught her how to separate clothes, load the washer (of course I had to pick her up for her to do it) and put them in the dryer. Every load. She felt so special.
Sara was 5 when I started sewing with her. I was too afraid to have her run the machine any younger than that. She was visiting for her 6th birthday last fall and we made a jumper together. Again, she did most of the sewing.

Originally Posted by hpylady
I homeschool my oldest grandson, and I keep my granddaughter 2 days a week, so I am now teaching her little spelling words. She is doing great, not only can she read them, she's also spelling them.
Sara is homeschooled too, but she lives 6 hours away. She and her mom lived with us when she was born. She's very special to us. Now she has a baby brother and I'm missing it all it seems.