View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 07:52 AM
Macybaby

Happy Birthday to all the October birthday girls that I've missed.

DH and I got home around 7:30pm last night. When DH packed up the laptop, he forgot the the cord. Since we both had phones and I've got my tablet we decided we could make do. I've been able to read, but didn't post as it's a real pain on those other devices (for me at least). I wanted the laptop mostly in case I needed to deal with an email at work (laptop is set up for remote working) and nothing came up so it was all good.

I bought a pack of 10" squares and a pack of fat quarters of Christmas fabric, along with several small yardages of remnants (love Stone Mt. Fabrics). I had fallen in love with some batik layer cakes when we stopped at MSQC on the way down, but talked myself out of buying them. But on the way home we ended up driving right by, and we needed a break at that time so I stopped in again and bought them. Worked out as the deal of the day was another batik layer cake so I got that too. I'm sure there is a rule somewhere that states you can't have too much fabric.

I fell in love with a Christmas pattern, Presently, that MSQC has as a kit only. I don't care for the fabrics in the kit so plan on drawing up the pattern myself. I'd have bought the pattern in a heartbeat if they had it for sale separately.

I don't need to be back at work until Monday, it's going to be very nice to have a few days to relax and play with the new fabric. Cats appear to have forgiven us for being gone, they both were happy to snuggle in bed with us last night.