Thread: Prairie Flower
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 04:51 AM
toogie

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
What a lucky cousin! I hope he appreciates this beautiful quilt. I'd be thrilled if my hubby would help me with cutting out quilt pieces. You are so Blessed.
They were awed I think. Wife was vocal but cousin was quite. It took them by surprise but she was tickled pink.-lol
Hubby doesn't do the actual cutting but he holds my rulers from slipping of shifting. Poor thing. Since my back is giving me the devil and I wanted to work on my projects, 2 quilts to quilt and another one to cut out and quilt for CASA, they needed BOY quilts he has been trying to press my seams so I don't have to get up and down or twist around.
He told my sister yesterday he got fired from ironing.-lol - I said no, he quit!
The problem is first he is left handed and I am right. When I showed him 3 times you press with dark side up to set the seam, not iron, then flip and press, he did the fourth corner .... wrong! He argued that he did it the same as me. I told him no, you didn't and turned it over it so he could see 3 seam allowances of the snowball was going toward the dark and 1 going toward the white. He threw his hands up and walked out!
I finished 20 more blocks then went to have a bath. While I was bathing he went in with those 20 blocks and pressed every one of the the right way! I knew he would-lol
I understand how I do things seems backwards to him and also how he does seems backwards to me. It doesn't matter as long as the end result is right.
My sister just laughed when he said he got fired from IRONING and I said he quit his PRESSING job!-lol

Last edited by toogie; 10-31-2021 at 05:05 AM.