View Single Post
Old 10-31-2021, 07:43 AM
sak658

Default I bit the Bullet

Yesterday, I bought me a 16" JANOME LONG ARM MACHINE, and a Handy Quilter 5 foot frame with all the bells and whistles..
I am so excited and it should be here in about 2 weeks...coming from Utah to Texas, should not be any problem...I have been looking for a small long arm since my new sewing room would only have room for the size I got..I can do pantographs on the back and sit down to quilt if I want too..the business was so friendly and helpful...I got a free $300 for shopping there, and they gave me good discounts on the frame, and the roll up bar..etc..and the extras...
I had longarmed for a friend of mine that had a fabric shop and I did most of the longarm business..for her, till she closed her shop..due to her age, I got my quilts done free, and all the fabric that I needed..I only did some free hand and the rest was pantographs...I even drew up several patterns to use..which I kelp when she closed..
I stayed in my home for 2-1/2 years after my dear DH passed Nov. 1st, 2018..we had been in our home for 56 years, I sold it last April and my youngest daughter and hubby built a new home and a suite ( bedroom, bath and sewing room ) for me..so my new sewing room is great, and now I will have a long arm to complete the room..so excited..I only piece one quilt at a time, do not have several quilts going, which I contribute to my OCD..My new room is posted on Facebook...I have my mother-in-laws Singer treadle, my daughters mother-in-laws singer 301 in cabinet..I have my mothers featherweight, my son-in-law's mother in laws featherweight, and I have the white featherweight that I found at a garage sale for $25 several years ago..sorry the post is long..just wanted to share my good news...have a blessed day..