Old 11-01-2021, 05:44 AM
Iceblossom

How wonderful to have the official thread set up

I did pull out my box of solids but I just don't know if I can do this project with them... good news is I have plenty of Pink and such in the stash and plenty of Rhodies around me to give me inspiration. I do have a huge piece of large pink-purple circles that I am considering using with solids instead of the Garnet color, but I'm concerned that the scale is too big. While you can use large scale prints in Bonnie's projects, you have to make sure the pieces come out the way you want. That is, you can have a large mostly red floral but that one tiny triangle turned out to be all green leaf and it can throw things off. This mostly pink could turn out to have yellow bits and that would cause other problems. Even if I don't use it in the quilt, it might be enough for the back and I might just use it for my color selections. Plenty to think about!

Hubby said that this seemed like an early start and I said no, it takes us this long to get ready. Speaking of him, we went for a nice long walk to look for mushrooms on Sunday. While that park is more of a natural watershed, it was only a mile or so away from one of our favorite places to go, the Weyerhauser Rhododendron Gardens. So for those of you looking for some inspiration might wander around the pictures and such here:
https://rhodygarden.org/garden-overview/