View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 12:45 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gmak1953
I have issues with a stroke and possible MS. I have been quilting for 10 years but when I read how people have a quilt to make in 3 months, I feel so inadequate! It seems to take me forever!! So how long does it take you to make quilts?
I am a process person which means that I revel in the PROCESS of making the quilt (I should say quilt top) and I only have time in the evenings and weekends. Often, I am tired after work and don't have the juju to do sewing - other times I'd rather watch TV. What I am trying to say in my long-winded way is that some of my quilts take a LONG time - which explains my long list of UFOs. Others - particularly those with a firm deadline, I try to plan well and finish on time which for me means - 2 years late - lol.

If people want a quilt from me, they will wait until it wants to be sewn. I am not in any competition and I am proud of my work because I do the best I can.

I did recently join some swaps and that keeps me on my toes. Smaller projects on a timed schedule.