View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 PM
adriansmom

On Valentine's Day, we added another furbaby to our family. Her name is Lacey Jane. She is a 9.5yr old Yellow Lab. She had belonged to my son's daycare provider and they needed to find her another home because they didn't have time to spend with her. She is a fabulous dog! She lets you know when she has to go out. First, she stares at you and then if you don't get the message she starts barking and "dancing" around. When she goes outside, she does her business and will bark to be let back in! She is 9yrs old, so she is very calm. She does not get on furniture, including the bed, and does not jump on people. She had no problem when introduced to the cats. That would have been the deal breaker. She also sleeps in her dog bed, if my son isn't laying in it first! The only bad thing is she is not fixed..which will soon be remedied! She is about to go into heat, so after this cycle, she goes to the vet! The only problem I am having is she won't eat her dog food. It is the same food she has always eaten. She has been to the vet and she is healthy. I can only get her to eat if I put a small bit of canned in with the kibble. I leave food down for her 24/7, but she still won't eat it. I'm not sure what the problem is....hopefully we figure it out soon. Anyways, here she is in all her glory!! I never really liked Labs, but she is turning me around!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-520.jpe