View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 10:18 PM
platyhiker

Originally Posted by Onebyone
I took a Judy Niemeyer class. It was paperpiecing the most tedious way ever. If you have serious OCD then it will be fun for you. I did one section her way and got home and did the rest the regular paper pieced way in a fourth of the time. My finished quilt looked exactly like the one made her way. I will never make another of her patterns using her method. The class and kit cost way too much and I'm not one to complain about a class cost as I usually learn something new. That class I learned nothing but how to make quilting miserable. Buy the pattern and do it the regular way on your own and save some misery. LOL
I'd love to hear more about how Judy Niemeyer's paper piecing method differs from "regular" paper piecing. (I've done some regular paper piecing (sewing through the paper), and I've done some of the so-called "paperless paper piecing" (where you use freezer paper and fold back the paper along the sewing line and then sew *right next* to the fold). The latter was really nice in that the paper comes off the fabric easily and you don't have to pick bits of paper out of seams.)