Old 11-10-2021, 06:19 AM
Iceblossom

Craft, I think one yellow would work well. Probably better than my one garnet...

Stitches, love your changes, I'll want to see pictures if you can manage! Did you see Peaceandjoy's picture using a blue instead of garnet??

I am going to have issues if string piecing the neutrals is required, but I found my leftovers from the Grassy Creek project yesterday and put them where I can find them again just in case. I'm sort of hoping we start by making lots and lots of tiny little triangle combinations of neutral/color. Hooray, I also found a couple of yellows I was specifically wanting (which had been used in my current/just finished project), so my yellows are further refined and now I'm done looking for them.

I am hoping to find a specific piece of fabric but no luck so far, (garnet with sprays of lilacs) and I might have given it away. About a year or so ago I packed a box I named "The 80s called, they want their fabric back" that I sent to a board member for a group that makes various projects, primarily for hospice and nursing care. Think some of those ended in there... is ok, is best that they were sent out and used and not still waiting for me.

The pinks and purples in the picture shows about equal purple/pink -- the mix is actually closer to 2/3rds pink but some of of them you don't see. Starting with the dark fuchsia?? circle print next to the start of the purples, there are several 10" squares. I did a lot of fabric swapping back around Y2K and many of these 10" squares are still with me. The rule is "any project that can use them must use them" and I did indeed have some I could use.

Today I take the now finished quilt to the laundromat, I like to do that for the first washing of big stiff quilts. After that they can typically be stuffed into a large capacity home machine. I always pre-wash before giving the completed top to take away any accumulated animal hair or in case anything bad happens. In my last one, the Grassy Creek project there was a flaw in the backing fabric that I did not see until after washing, one little section where 3-4 threads broke, maybe the size of a pencil end. I appliqued a little heart shaped patch over the break point.

And between now and then, I'm going to start putting together the solids I'm using in the backing and binding. Yesterday at group I started making my "random" combinations. It's funny how we can get entirely different ideas from the same words, what I'm doing with the binding is not what most of the ladies thought, my way uses up more fabric