Old 11-10-2021, 08:39 AM
kck83

Hi, everyone! I just found the Quilting Board a few days ago. I'm enthused to connect with others doing the BKH Mystery. I'm actually skimming through all the postings for last year's mystery. It was a great consolation to find others who had tweeked the color scheme. In rural Northwest Missouri our landscape is more open. What's impressive to me is the blue, blue sky glowing through all these beautiful fall trees. So I choose a rich assortment of blues in place of Bonnie's gray. I did use gray in the first border as a nod to Bonnie's choice and also for the roads that do run through the hills & valleys. And I did a "broken glass aka creek bottom aka crazy quilt aka stack n whack" border. Sorry, I don't know how to take pictures that are realistic. I just need to put the binding on that quilt. That all could have been posted on the other thread, but it's gone inactive now. I'm enthused about the Rhododendron Trail mystery. The colors are right down my line. Don't think I will change anything. And I have a HUGE stash of fabric so I'll surely find what I need. The Royal Garnet is the only one I may not have. Maybe I can buy that one and use as a single fabric. I'm quite sure this Thread will keep me enthused!