View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 04:02 PM
LAF2019

I sew mine to front first, because I can better guarantee that that looks better. I have tried many methods for getting it to flip to back, but honestly, it is never perfect and never show quality. if you want it more perfect, then using glue is the best option. you can pull the binding just past the initial stitch line, put just a small line of elmers school glue (only do a few inches at a time), then press that section of binding with a hot dry iron. continue with that all the way around the quilt. it is indeed time consuming, but you don't have to worry about "catching" the binding while you are sitting at the machine.
If I am too lazy to do the glue method, then I will use wonder clips (pins work, too, or any kind of binding clips). I clip or pin no more than the length of one side, keeping the pins close together. I stitch with the top of the quilt up, just in the ditch of the binding. I do it this way, again, so the front at least looks nice. Then I just hope and pray that it all catches on the back. The more I do it, the better it gets, but I still usually end up with a few spots where the stitching drifted and doesnt catch the binding. When that happens, I unstitch about 1/2 inch on either side of the blooper, pull it down tighter, re pin/clip and stitch it again.
Like i said, it never looks perfect on the back, but the front looks just fine!