Old 11-10-2021, 04:59 PM
origamigoldfish

I challenged myself to order the fabric for this year out of the sale section at hancock's, and was very proud of myself for getting so much fabric for a good (to me), price. My box came today, and when I opened it I discovered I needed to make a few changes. I did not have enough contrast between my pinks and my garnets (all of my light pinks were shorted), one of my garnets was red, my solid metallic aqua stuck out like a sore thumb, and my neutrals were too matchy to thrill me. I always worry about ordering fabric online without being able to see the colors in front of me, they never quite photograph true.

I had planned a trip to JoAnn today for more needles and some more neutrals for my current project, so I picked up some more fabric to correct the contrast levels. I found an aqua I fell in love with, but it was a few inches short of being the required yardage. I think I have a couple of very close fat quarters to go with it, so I hope I am not about to jinx myself. I also now have enough neutrals and pinks for two quilts, lol.

My original order is on the right, final pull is on the left!
Attached Thumbnails 20211110_183348.jpg   20211110_183039.jpg