Thread: It's a Process
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 04:02 AM
peaceandjoy

What a job moving is! I'm fairly sure that this is the reason that my husband refuses to move from the house that I agreed to live in for 5 years (36 years ago). He just can't let anything go. I've tried to explain that the feelings he has associated with things are in his heart and his mind, and would go anywhere with us, but he's not having it. The basement literally has a path through it.

I'm going to be away for a couple of months (taking sewing machine and a few projects with me!), but when I return, I plan to set up a table in the room where my fabric is - a closet in a bedroom that was once our daughter's. Room now has a sofa and DH's computer games, but I do get the closet for storage. I'm going through as fabrics that I once loved no longer appeal as much and I want to whittle it down. I know it will be hard to do - I will want to grab everything and say "someday" or "maybe" and put it right back. I'm sure there will be some of that. But the rest, I'm either selling at prices that will get it to move, or donating. It's starting to feel heavy, and that's not what I want to feel about sewing.

The day for your showing is now here. I hope it goes well!