View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:21 AM
sewingitalltogether

Well, I’ve tried to change things up over the years but someone will complain about missing whatever wasn’t there. DH hates Turkey. Mr. fussy. So I’ve been doing a prime rib rubbed with a whole head of garlic, fresh ground pepper, fresh rosemary and kosher salt. Home cooked prime rib is much better than restaurant prime rib. DD does stuffed rebaked potatoes. Fresh green beans with bacon and slivered almonds. Fresh cranberry relish. I make hot rolls with a recipe from Lambert’s in Missouri. They come through the dining room and throw hot rolls to you. So, Thrown Rolls. When I measure the size of the dough per each roll, I make them as big as my fist. Thus the family calls them big fat hot rolls. They fight over them and definitely want to take a few home. DD is bringing appetizers and I am making Apple Cider Mimosas. So a little drink and appetizers. SIL bringing chocolate pie and pumpkin pie. I’m making a plain cheesecake with a few different toppings. SD wants to add a Turkey and gravy. So we will have that too. We lost a daughter to cancer in 2017. It has changed the family dynamics of the family. The son has quit coming to family events. So this week I am changing my quilting direction. I’m making a “thank you for coming to Thanksgiving” gifts. Table runners. It’s devastating to lose a child. Leaves a huge hole in the family. But, I will put on my happy face and do my best to have a happy Thanksgiving.