View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 06:50 AM
Snooze2978

Default Finsihed my Kitchen Projects

Finally finished my kitchen projects using the leftover fabrics and blocks from my fitted table cloth project. Made a cover for my 1948 Hamilton Beach mixer on a stand and I have 2 of them so will never have a Kitchen-Aid in my lifetime. Then went on to make mats to go over my air fryer. The one under the air fryer was supposed to cover my food processor but it didn't pan out so put it under the air fryer. Went on to make a cover for my little 3qt Instant Pot. Had a bit of trouble but finally got it to fit. Made the Lover's Knot placemat but for whatever reason it came out too large. I'd made some years ago so don't understand what happen. I did make it reversible using some of the leftover flying geese. It now is under one of my plants in the sunroom. With the last of the blocks I made 3 hot pads. 1 is 12 inches and the other 2 are 10 inches. I cut up an old terry cloth towel for the batting. I also made mats to go under the mixer and the Instant Pot so it would be easy to just pull them out from the wall. Used scraps of leftover fabrics. Used decorative and straight stitching to quilt all the pieces on this project. Added piping along the top edge of the instant pot cover and along the sides of the mixer cover. I'm just glad it's all done. I ran out of the navy blue fabric but luckily found another one that worked in my stash. Ran out of the red and the multi-orange fabrics. Have very little of the focal fabric. All the fabrics came from my stash as I haven't bought fabric since Oct 2018.
Attached Thumbnails lovers-knot-placemat.jpg   2nd-side-placemat.jpg   kitchen-aid-wantabe.jpg   instant-pot-cover.jpg   hot-pads-10-12.jpg