View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 12:33 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

For only having one day off ( today) I managed to get quite a bit done. Started with housework chores then into the sewing room. I had a request for more scraps, orphans and I decided there have been too many orphans/ ufos sitting around for 5+ years that I just don’t see ever getting to- so I ( finally) let them go. One set of rows from a row by row bom I had done years ago I did lay out and look at, I love each row, the colors are really good…but, standing looking at them I decided- they have been hanging on that hanger for at least 5 years- let them go. So I did. I also had (3) old round Robin quilts from our little local sewing group that I never finished up— by- by. I know the person getting these will be excited and love finishing these and passing them on ( she donates a lot) and they are no longer taking up space. I also let a whole bunch of Christmas swap blocks go- some of them are at least 10 years old-
732 sewn 1/2 square triangles that have been in a box for a year.
even though I didn’t complete the ufos I am able to strike them from my list- they are no longer giving me a headache. (4 tops needing quilting/binding) 4 or 5 partial tops, plus many, many orphans.
And, I manage to fix the short backing, reload Ben’s quilt and finish quilting it! Yea!