Thread: Not tech savy
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 06:14 AM
bkay

I'm not a techie, but will share my experience:

Will a Kindle work? It depends on the Kindle. Mine is too old to do anything but read books. It doesn't have enough memory to load the new browser. If you have a new and expensive one, it probably will. Kindle is a weird bird, so I'm not sure.

Kindle is in the category of a tablet. The Kindle is proprietary to Amazon and has their operating system.My feeling is that the Kindle is mostly for reading electronic books. Tablets have no keyboard and is mostly for quick communication like emails, facetime and Facebook.They usually take photos as well. I only have the old Kindle, so someone else will have to flesh out the rest of the information on talblets.

There are lots of companies other than Amazon that make tablets. The Kindle is tied to Amazon by it's operating system, but other tablets are not.

Can you download to that and enlarge the pattern or must it be a laptop? A laptop works exactly like a full size computer, so you can do all the same things you can do on a computer and vice versa. You can download patterns and enlarge them just like you can on your desktop.

You didn't ask this question, but you will probably encounter it as you look....What is a Chromebook? It's an inexpensive laptop that has has a proprietary operating system. They were originally made by Google, although other makers are making them now with the Google operating system.. The ones I've seen and used don't have a disk drive, so everything must be downloaded. If you don't mind being monitored by Google, it might be an option.

I would try downloading a pattern to your desktop and enlarging it. If you like the results, except that it's not portable, then look into your tablet or laptop options.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 11-21-2021 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added thought