Old 11-23-2021, 08:17 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
Speaking of Accuquilt, I know that BH does not give die information for her Mystery quilts. For those who have a cutter and can figure out which die is needed, do you use a die if you’ve got it or also buy it if you need it? I didn’t have an Accuquilt cutter when I did Grassy Creek last year.
Yep..I use the dies I have and if I do not have the die I will usually order it as Bonnie tends to use the same sizes and shapes in her mysteries. So if I do not get the die in time for the clue this year, I will have it the next time. also, I find most of the shapes used in her mysteries are also ones that are used in other patterns that I do. I used to order the die I needed, other dies I wished I had, and then extra cutting matts to get to the magic number for free shipping. The mats do eventually wear out and they are expensive now. I also noted that now you need to spend 225 to get the free shipping. Wow that went up. (oh, not every size and shape is used for the next mystery but I have done several now and usually a size shape will pop up again in a few years)