View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 08:40 AM
sewingpup

almost a disaster but turned out pretty good. The first turkey which my sister had thawed out in her frig per the directions looked awful when she went to put it in the oven. I had never seen the inside of a turkey look like that that. We decided the best thing to do was just to toss it into the garbage. I don't know if they did not clean it properly or if it was contaminated but it got tossed. So, it is now noon, dinner is a 6. Yikes, luckily the store still had an 18 pound fresh turkey so into the car and picked it up. It turned out great. Just 6 of us so only two pies, the pumpkin from scratch, the cherry from the store and baked. Folks wore their masks while we talked and dished up the food, then my nephew and his two kids went upstairs to dine. Tee, hee. Well covid cases are high here and the nephew did not want us oldsters to get covid even though everyone, including the kids are double vaccinated and us oldsters triple vaccinated. His kids have never minded wearing masks and just wear them. Now that it is cold outside, I think they like wearing them outside too!