View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 10:11 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

When I woke up this morning I had a plan- in the sewing room; I have another of Ben’s quilts loaded ready to quilt, I was going to work on it for a little time and also work on some Christmas gifts. After taking a shower and getting dressed I decided to toss a load of laundry into the machine- the whole day changed ( in the blink of an eye) . I opened the closet at the end of the hall where the laundry detergent is and suddenly decided…this crammed, disorganized, closet needs to be decluttered and cleaned out. .It is long over due.I started at the bottom, the floor and cleaned, decluttered and organized the whole space shelf by shelf. I packed up a good size box of things to donate (there were many kids items, tins of crayons, toys ( my youngest granddaughter is 21) time for most of that stuff to go somewhere for other kids to enjoy) I kept the important items. Shelves of old vases- how many vases does a person really need? Stuff, stuff, stuff. The whole closet 6 shelves floor to ceiling are decluttered, clean and organized.then I was on a roll- into the small bathroom to clean out under the sink and all the drawers- more items to donate, more old partially used stuff to toss. On to the big bathroom. Cleaned out & organized under my sink & all the cubbies totes. ( I left Jeff’s sink cupboard alone- it’s never cluttered like mine anyway. Maybe I will get better at tossing stuff— there were 6-7 old bottles of shampoo and/or conditioner with about an inch left in it….what the heck? Why did I stick it down there?
anyway, I spent 3 1/2 hours doing it all, have 2 good size boxes to drop off at the resale shop, I ran out of steam. Decided to eat something and relax for a little bit. I have an appointment in an hour and it’s next door to the women’s resource center thrift store so I can drop off and go to my appointment. Maybe tomorrow I will get into the sewing room.