Old 12-04-2021, 09:52 AM
Iceblossom

What Joe'smom said -- your measurement line should be the bottom of the triangle, and the top of the triangle should be snubbed off. If you just cut the angle marking so the top of your triangles are pointy, they will be scant when sewn. For those with dies, I think maybe the problem comes in that math has you add 7/8ths to a finished triangle with a 1/4" seam (not the 1/2" we would expect) but that gives the pointy tops.

Edit: it was rounding the 7/8ths up to 1" that started me on the cutting large and trimming down. Seems like such a tiny amount but it doubles with two thicknesses of fabric and makes up for a lot of issues. Then I decided if I was going to trim off threads anyway, I might as well make it worth my while.

Coffee break time -- pinks are done. As I looked at the assortment there was one that was just too dark and one that was just too light and had to be replaced. I did manage to use up a number of small scraps completely. I was able to toss in a few of those hard to categorize fabrics and prints -- if they could be both pink and purple, I put them in!

While I like my addition of purples, as I look at my colors I'm concerned today that some are maybe going too dark, but they are still clearly not the Garnet. I've added a couple of fabrics to the Garnet stack as being possibles, one is a dark purple where the value is right and maybe I should just put in a couple more.

And those of you in other colorways seem to be working on me -- In trying to avoid dark I was going more and more coral and orange and peach until I was concerned about going too yellow. Had to pull out the pinks and yellows and put them under the Ott light and take out the middle ones.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 12-04-2021 at 09:57 AM.