Old 04-24-2008, 02:05 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess

That's weird. 62 views and you're the only one who has responded.

Nope. Haven't come up with any names yet. Still have to figure out how this would be pieced together. Well, I know how the whole thing would be pieced together. I mean, how to sew the two scythe-blade-shaped pieces of the rings together. Maybe I'm overthinking it---I've never done curved pieces in quilting before.
here's response #2. maybe the other 61 were so impressed they couldn't think of anything to good enough say. or maybe they were just jealous. it could also be because you posted it while most of us are asleep or too tired to type. i'll bet you get more responses as the day goes by ... while people are actually awake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

paper piecing would be the easiest way to make the rings. you could also print the ring, cut it apart and use the pieces as templates. just don't forget to add your seam allowance.

curves are easier than they look, especially when the pieces are large, as they would be in this quilt. i'm too lazy to look for the link to my wedding ring tutorial, but if you dig it out i'm pretty sure it will help you. it's somewhere in the Pictures section.