Thread: Poltergeist?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Mitch

Default Poltergeist redux

Thank you Detectives! It's a Bernette b79. I have tried unplugging it and rebooting, unplugging the foot pedal and rebooting, sweet talking, and cursing. I do suspect it might be the foot pedal. And I think it's the only thing left to try. The store just sent me a different pedal so that is my next trick. Also, if it happens again, I will pull the foot pedal cord out while it's stitching. I do use a surge protector snd tried a different outlet. My lights never flicker (including the one that is plugged into the same surge protector), nor do I have trouble with any other appliance, including my computer that is plugged into the same outlet but a different surge protector. It was just cleaned and serviced and it was perfectly well behaved in the repair shop. ::Sigh::

Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
Hmmm, I have several different brands of machines and not had any of them do this. When it does it again maybe disconnect the foot pedal from the machine and see if it stops it or keeps going just to try to diagnose where the problem is occurring.