View Single Post
Old 12-12-2021, 02:29 PM
rryder

I haven't felt like quilting this weekend, so decided to spend some time organizing my other studio room where I have my big table for basting quilts. That room also serves as my jewelry studio, painting studio, and holds my Big Shot Pro die-cutting machine. The big table where I baste my quilts also gets used for paintings that need to be framed, and was recently completely covered in sterling silver wire, beads, copper wires etc. while I made 12 pairs of earrings and 10 bracelets for my case at the local gallery where I sell my work. Now, you may ask, "why did I have to use the table instead of the perfectly good jeweler's bench that takes up half of one wall?" Well, over the last year, my jeweler's bench became a dumping ground for everything in that studio that didn't have a home and I was on a deadline to finish the earrings and bracelets so the big table got used instead. Anyway, over the last couple of days, I have excavated the bench, reorganized all the drawers so I can actually find things when I need them, found real homes for all the non-jewelry related items that formed a 1 foot tall layer on the top of the bench, and made a list of jewelry UFOs that need to be finished once I get some spare time. That side of the room looks better than it has in ages. The bonus is that I gave the big table a good scrubbing, so it is now clean and ready for me to baste my Snail Trail Al Fresco quilt top--Yay!

Happy quilting everyone!

Rob