View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 10:26 AM
RustyOne

Question Do You Name Your Quilts?

I'm just finishing up a quilt top and getting ready to make the quilt "sandwich". Then I'll add a label. I make a custom one for each quilt. From the get-go I've called this one "The Bears" and I'll use their image as part of the label, which is how I started wondering if others name their quilts and give them some sort of individualized label?

"The Bears" label will have the title, the content, how to care for it, a date, a swatch of the main fabric, and my logo at the very bottom. While none of my labels look much alike, I do try to include similar information on each one. Hopefully I'll be ready to secure the quilt in the frame and start hand stitching by next week. (To me Solstice seems like an auspicious day to start!). And I've got the fabric for my next project already waiting on the corner of my sewing table. I call it "Wild Horses".

So how about the rest of you? Do you do anything similar? Something completely different? Do you finish one before you start another? I'd love to hear about it!

Rusty