Old 03-06-2010, 06:29 PM
justwannaquilt

My daughters Girl Scout troop(6 year olds) found out she has been making pillowcases for the pillowcase project and they would like to make some as their charity project. What they are wanting to do is make two pillowcases then tie dye them. Give one to charity and keep one for themselves. I was thinking make them out of a high quality white farbic and then dye them once they are sewn together. The leader (who knows nothing about sewing or fabric or dying) suggested just "buying a kit" to dye them. I was thinking more along the lines of using fiber reactive dyes so the color wouldn't fade with the many washings that these pillow cases would get.

does anyone have any suggestions? Does Joann's, Hobby Lobby, or Michael's sell any fiber reactive dyes? I know I can order them from Dharma but I was wondering if there was some place local that we could go so it wasn't all out of my pocket (I'll never see the money again and I can see this running into some cash. They already vol. me to buy the fabric since I would have the coupon. lol)

Another thing what kind of white cotton would make good pillowcases?

Thank you
Danielle