Old 12-18-2021, 08:47 AM
Iceblossom

Didn't do any sewing yesterday but did some general house organizing stuff. On Thursday I had pulled out my big box of wrapping paper and stuff and decided I was done storing wrapping paper. Then I went through things already determined as going to the Goodwill and pulled a bunch of suitable stocking stuffer type things, Many brand new (goofy seahawk gag gifts, adult coloring books), others slightly worn, some vintage like a couple of wooden Hummel music boxes from the 70s. A lot of holiday tins like you put baked goods in, my gift was Chex mix and I needed the big ones but sometimes they came in sets with smaller ones inside that I didn't use -- but great for those cookie and fudge makers.

Hubby took the two boxes to work on Friday with a free sign and for the first year in decades I don't have to navigate that box in and out of the closet... People had fun and I got rid of stuff it was a win/win

I got some of those Mr Clean Erasers last time I went to Costco and used them on my upper kitchen cabinets which look much better. I took off the handles off the door panels so I could get a good scrub and they indeed did a great job. When the hubby came home he asked, "What smells good??" Apparently it was the scent of cleaning products which is sadly not that familiar smell in our household.

Today I need to pull a couple more fabrics and I will start cutting my "garnet" for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Any good smells are going to come from whatever I'm cooking!