View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 06:26 AM
fatsewcat

Originally Posted by Waal View Post
What beautiful quilts. I admire you for doing so many with triangles or diamonds in them. I steer away from them myself. They are all beautiful! Well done. I also do meandering or stippling on most of my quilts, and I like that just as much as custom quilting. When I used to do quilting for others meandering was usually what they requested I do on their quilts.
I don't mine the triangles and diamonds, sometimes. Some of these played well together, some of them did not. Its a learning curve. I learning while making these quilts that there were probably some places where I should have iron opened the seams but by the time I realized it I was too far along to turn back. This information is very encouraging to me because I sometimes feel that I overuse the stippling design on my quilts. I like to do it because its fast and easy and my quilts aren't made for show but for use. I love so many other designs that I see but I get too afraid that if I do too much "nice" quilting that the quilt will not be used. I know of too many now that are loved in the closet so they wont get ruined. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.