View Single Post
Old 12-25-2021, 01:42 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Merry Christmas all! I visited my sons and grandchildren yesterday. I was so tired when I got home, but I was glad to be with family, share a meal, share songs, share prayer, conversation, and the joy of Christ's birth another time.

Julia, My favorite machine is my Singer RedEye. Those old machines do work so smoothly and nice.

dublb,, I hope you don't get the 'long' covid, but that you are right as rain soon. It's great that you've recovered and have the natural immunity now, with your family members. It so much better than a vaccination.

QNS and Jeanie, it's such a bother when major house problems arise! But think of all the time when the appliances, etc. were working good, and that's what we can be grateful for.
My health isn't good. I'm grateful for all the days when it was good!

The Lord blessed me so many times, with so much. You get a hug from your child, or a smile from your grandchild, and you know that all you strove for in all your life never meant as much as love.

I encourage you to grasp what is eternal while you have the moment in life to do so. Life is short, and the day we go we must have decided for or against Jesus and what he did on the cross in dying for our sins and making a way for us to be in fellowship with God.
Beautiful sentiment, Giv... A peaceful, merry Christmas to all of us! And may we have hearts full of thankfulness. We have so much!

Hubby and I are home alone this Christmas. It's been lovely. We made a mini version of the usual feast, cooking a ham, squash and green bean casseroles, and a pan of scalloped potatoes. I left it until today to cook it, but Charles helped me with all the prep work and it was fun. He said he learned a lot, too. That was the first time we have really cooked together... Wont be the last! Now to enjoy yummy leftovers for days.

I'm stuffed to the gills and feeling sleepy. I think a Christmas nap may be in order.
Hope you are all happy and well today.
Bonnie