View Single Post
Old 12-27-2021, 12:18 AM
DrosieD

I can't agree more with those that suggested you look into Sew Steady's templates. The ones on Amazon that were mentioned in the original request for information are cheap knock-offs. Someone mentioned you needed templates that are 1/4" thick. This is true for some machines, mainly high shank machines. If you own a low shank or mid shank machine you will need to purchase the low shank templates. You will definitely need to purchase the proper ruler work foot for your machine also. For a first purchase I'd look into one of the basic starter sets that includes your foot.

Sew Steady has by far the most learning support of any that I've looked into. There's a lesson every Tuesday that is presented by Sew 4 Less on Facebook. Every Saturday Donelle McAdams has a project. Every Sunday Kate Quinn presents a project or demonstrates different templates. Sew Steady also has their University which has many free lessons (projects) for free as well as a nominal purchase price. By far they have the most education of all ruler work of any company.