Old 12-27-2021, 11:39 AM
joe'smom

I love the new clue! I recall a helpful hint Bonnie had in the Ringo Lake year, when we also added a triangle to a wing unit. She said to match up the tops (the points) of the two pieces, rather than the bottoms. That way, any shortage in the combined unit will be camouflaged in the seam allowance.

Originally Posted by Mumto2 View Post
I still need to trim but I have all the clue 4 blocks done. Yay! I am ready for clue 5. How many clues can we expect? My memory says things will ramp up and we should be done soon. I have to say what I have done doesn’t seem all that substantial and I have all the required blocks done.
The reveal used to come reliably on New Year's Day, but that was when Bonnie was traveling more (before she started Quiltville Inn). She liked to finish up the mystery because she had so much going on at the beginning of the year (usually a trip abroad). Now Bonnie can be more relaxed about wrapping up the mystery, and if I recall correctly, the last two mysteries didn't finish on New Year's day? I think the funnest year was Allietare, when she revealed the quilt on New Year's Day Italian time (as it was based on her trip to Italy). I remember that I just happened to go to the Quiltville page and a new picture was up at the top, and I thought, 'Hey, we're making a quilt with gray, red and gold, too.' Then it dawned on me that I was looking at the reveal photo, ha ha!

If anyone has speculations about the quilt that you're busting to talk about, you are welcome to pm me about it, as I don't mind at all hearing what people's ideas are (I am never able to figure it out myself).

I may start pressing my fabrics today, as I'm just about over this cold. I haven't decided what to use as my neutrals. I've seen some pretty photos using gray, but I notice when gray-scaling my fabrics that my pinks, yellows and aqua are very similar in value, and a gray would be another medium value. Whites do seem to be the best choice for that reason. Happy sewing everyone!