View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 05:39 AM
sewingpup

Fat quarters, left folded as they came from the shop or folded that way by me, then stacked on edge in a drawer so I can easily see the colors.

half yard cuts to less than a yard --left folded selvage to selvage, then wrapped around a six inch ruler and then folded in half twice and stacked on edge in a drawer (will be a bit wider than the fat quarters so I can tell the size by looking)

1-less than 2 yard cuts -- left folded selvage to selvage, then wrapped around a six inch ruler, folded in half once, then stacked flat on each other in my large bookcase, they just fit so I can pull down the glass covers.

2-4 yards cuts -- left folded selvage to selvage, then wrapped around a 8.5 inch ruler, folded in half once, then stacked flat in piles and placed in my large bookcase, easy because of the width to tell these from the one plus cuts.

Anything bigger than 4 yards just gets folded and placed on the bottom shelf and is a potential backing fabric unless I want to use it for the top.

I keep thinking I will pull everything out and arrange by colors, but I haven't done that yet.
Currently, smaller sizes not a fat quarter or a strange shape, get tossed into a box by color. If I do cut shapes like 5 inch squares, they go into a shoe box for that shape

Last edited by sewingpup; 12-30-2021 at 05:42 AM.