Old 01-02-2022, 06:47 AM
Iceblossom

This round is spreading fast including to those that have been fully vaccinated and boosted even. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to hit the vaccinated very hard -- but our hospital beds are still full of patients, most of whom were not vaccinated. It is important to understand that his symptoms were very mild, in a normal year he would have gone back to work on Monday. Mild sore throat, mild coughing, but tired and ran a low grade fever (never hit 100) on Saturday/Christmas. That's why I insisted he be tested, this is the transmission stage, when you are walking around and germy. We think maybe he was exposed while getting some dental work done -- not from the dentists but just from recirculated air in the building. But who knows? We don't have a lot of contact outside the house but he works. Don't know yet about contact tracing and such, how much is done.

With all this time being separate, I've been zipping along with the Bonnie Hunter Blocks, will get them done after this cup of coffee. Then, I'm going to see if I can get the remaining "not sewing" out of the sewing room. Because I did get a couple of tops quilted down back in 2021 (good riddance 2021 -- hello 2022), I have some room in my tubs of unquilted tops (which all have backs and bindings already made) to put the couple extra wide backs I picked up this year.