Old 01-02-2022, 08:00 AM
Iceblossom

I would have preferred a mix of pale printed calicos and white to cream tone on tones for more texture but I'm low on those, I used most of my white-on-whites in the Grassy Creek project. There are positives to working with solids only one of which is no right side, but that can also be confusing in some projects. But white was what I had on hand, and when I ordered even more I was committed to that as a choice. Again, sometimes there are advantages in a consistent back ground fabric but I was expecting about half background and knew the white would be strong and stark. Winter is coming! (It's a Stark thing...)

I am still drooling over Pink Flowers collection of fabrics. Based on Bonnie's requirement that seems like the perfect mix. (post 156 on page 10)
Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery 2021/2022 - Rhododendron Trail

I tried to pick fabrics I hoped would hold up well. I wish a couple of my yellows were stronger -- but I had just used up some of those in my previous project. Whatever you choose, your pinks need to be significantly different from the background as well as the yellow. But then, I'm big on contrast, if you want to wait for the reveal you might decide to go lower contrast in everything.

I remain totally uncommitted to my choice of aqua -- even if it will be aqua at all. Pretty sure I have an idea of what's to come but I've been wrong more than once before!