Old 01-02-2022, 05:00 PM
Quiltah Mama

Just checking in. Between the sewing and the decluttering, lots has been accomplished. Tallchick, great quilt, it certainly pops. Logcabin, love your wallhanging, cheerful and bright. Gay, love the ornaments, and your great leader and ender quilt.
Friday, kinda quilting related, but with mixed emotions, I pulled my items from my spot in the store where I have been selling my items. When Covid started, I had lots of time to sew, which is why I decided to rent a spot to sell items, fast forward 2 years....I work in healthcare, and the demand for work in unreal. The Pandemic bonus money they are offering far exceeds what I have been making in my craft spot, so I have been working extra days, which translates to less time to sew. I am going to take advantage of this extra money while they are offering it, sew when I can, and see what happens. I still plan to have some items ready for the summer, mostly jelly roll rugs, as i do sell them in a quilt shop in a local tourist town about 30 min. north of me.
Yesterday, we had our family Christmas at our house, with people vaccinated/boosted, and everyone healthy, with safety in mind, we all enjoyed the company, laughs, and finally being all together after two years since Covid began. After everyone left, I took down the tree, and placed everythng up in my quilting room, and took care of everything this morning.
This weekend, I have been working on what would be called a UFO, while getting the Christmas decorations out earlier, I found a small tote with 3 quilt fronts and a table runner in it. I wanted to join in this VQW, as I always enjoy them, but didn't want to start any new projects because I want to send my machine to be cleaned and serviced next weekend, it well deserves a spa day. Finding these fronts, was perfect, great timing to finish them up. I have two quilted, and the binding pinned on one, and the other one is ready to be pinned, and the third one is sandwhiched and just needs to be quilted and bound.
Happy New Year everyone, So nice to read about what everyone is working on or rearranging or cleaning, lol. Iceblossom, I sure hope DH's symptoms remain mild, and I hope you can avoid it. Thank you Heather for hosting these VQW, they are always so inspiring.