View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by gmak1953
I have issues with a stroke and possible MS. I have been quilting for 10 years but when I read how people have a quilt to make in 3 months, I feel so inadequate! It seems to take me forever!! So how long does it take you to make quilts?
Welcome to the board! :-) We all march to the beat of our own drummer. Yes, there are many prolific quilters on this board, but there are also just as many that have health issues, work, have a busy family and whatever else going on that might limit their time to quilt.

I was diagnosed with MS 17 years ago, and I have a few other auto immune diseases, too. Quilting is my therapy, but I've had to accept that with health issues and other interruptions that it's okay to get done whatever I get done in any day, week or month at a time.

Quilting keeps us moving and thinking, both good things to do to recover from strokes and if you might have MS. It is good for me to get up from my chair as often as I can to press, cut, etc.

I think it's important that you just keep plugging along and enjoy what you're working on. Many of us do work on some or many different projects at a time, and some only do one at a time. What's right, is what works for you, and you only. Try not to compare your 'normal' with others 'normal' - it's just not apples to apples.

Try not to let your health issues define you, but rather, try to make the most of your life by who you are and what you enjoy doing in life. Please, pat your self on the back for your success of working on your project when you can. You are not inadequate, you are doing what you can, when you can within the limitations that you have right now. Hang in there! Again, welcome.