View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 06:41 PM
mjpEncinitas

Reba, I personally find two color blocks to be the most difficult to do. It really limits the blocks you can do. For me, these blocks never turn out as good as my blocks for other quilters who allow a wider choice.

I’m not sure what 30s fabric is and don’t know what Kansas troubles are either. I guess I’m in trouble with your block!

i find my best quilts are when I send one focus fabric, a small companion piece and limit the color choices to the participants to a few that are in the fabric. However I have seen people break this rule end up with gorgeous quilts. Terriamn asked for blocks with complementary colors with her focus fabric one boom. These turned out amazing.

this time I’ve sent a wide variety of fabrics by the same designer and a companion piece that’s the same for everyone. They can use any color in their focus fabric. This is definitely going to be a scrappy quilt.

i think I might’ve been in a summer swap with you. I actually like this swap better as there is no repetition. Each block is unique. Welcome and enjoy!

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-06-2022 at 06:54 PM.