View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 06:46 AM
GingerK

Just before Covid--think late 2019--I got really annoyed with myself. I wasn't really overweight and DH had been Keto for almost a year so my daily carbs intake had definitely diminished (why cook pasta or rice just for one?) but carrying an armload of stuff up the stairs left me puffing. I dusted off my treadmill and started walking. At first, my goal was 30 minutes. No speed or distance goal, just walking. I aimed for every day because I knew I could find an excuse for missing a day, or two...or just stopping.

It took 9 months and the weight came off in ounces not pounds, but by the time of my next Dr's appointment, I had lost 15 pounds and my blood pressure was amazing! She was thrilled with what I had accomplished. Fast forward a year and my 'habit' continues. I walk 5-6 days a week, aim for at least 2 miles, and my weight has remained steady. That is until just before Christmas when my dear old treadmill started sounding like a diesel truck. Turns out the motor was very close to burn-out. The new motor should be installed today and I can hardly wait! With knee, hip and back issues, I use the treadmill because I don't have to worry about the weather, ice, snow, or pot holes.