View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 04:18 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
My doctor has been on me for the last year to lose weight. I do listen to her and have gone up and down on the scales. WW was a great program for me and it is something I can be successful with. My problem is I can't get out for meetings and weigh ins on a regular basis. I don't drive very much at all. So little that is should as well be in storage.
I have a lot to lose and it is a daunting task. A bit frightening to even try to start. Right now I eat what is here, I get out to the grocery store once every two months and that does not work for fresh veggies and fruit.
Best of everything on your journey.
I know...I so miss going to the grocery store to get veggies and fruit. If people would only wear their masks I might venture in, but alas, that is not going to happen no matter how bad this pandemic gets. I sure don't understand how wearing a mask "takes away their freedom" Them not wearing a mask has taken away mine. anyway, I can order frozen veggies and some fruits from Schwan's which delivers every two weeks and I also have been doing curbside pickup from Target. There are a few other stores that will also curbside pickup for a price. During the summer, I can pick raspberries, rhubarb, and apples. And I also grow cherry tomatoes, green beans, and leaf lettuce in pots. Last fall I got some wonderful squash at a roadside outdoor stand. I have to laugh at myself, as it was below zero this morning, I have found that my covid masks keep my nose warmer than wrapping a scarf around my head so there I am, outside brushing the snow and ice off my car with a Covid mask on. Masks definitely give me more freedom than they take away! Actually, on these very cold days, it is rare to see any child outside without some type of covering over their nose and mouth. I guess the fear of masks is a southern thing?