View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 03:34 PM
Iceblossom

I knew there was a crew out there just waiting to share or in need of some encouragement! Glad to see everyone new and returning.

For those that haven't seen my other postings, I'm planning on moving this year after more than 20 years in the same house. I've been working on reducing my stash for about 10+ years, in the "she with the most fabric" race, I had already placed. I still love and desire fabric of all sorts, but I'm finding I'm happier with a less overwhelming amount.

This year I get to put a lot of the things I've been working on to practice. I will be moving fabric, but I will be moving less fabric than I currently have. It's time for me to switch to plastic tubs instead of my cardboard so my first big decision is a brand/size of container. I'd like something about the same size as my banker boxes that will fit on shelves well with easy but locking clasps for the lids. I'm going to buy the number of containers I think I need for my mental vision of "enough fabric to make me happy". Pretty sure I have a bit more fabric than that! Maybe when I am faced with the actual size and weight and cost of moving, I might "need" less than I think.