Old 01-09-2022, 06:40 AM
Iceblossom

Rargle snargle again!! I started the first step of connections to make my 9-patches but once again, I went boldly with a number of units that was wrong... When I went back to my cutting table where I was pinning I glanced at the directions and I had made 10 more sets of Hourglass/Neutral than I needed. I have now circled the correct count on my print out, which if I had done before I probably would have made the correct number instead of relying on memory.

I thought through my options. I considered keeping the wrong size connections for the next clue and hoping for the best, but figuring we are going to be getting into putting together pretty quickly so might as well deal with them now. I've decided that I will just have to have a completely unnecessary seam in the outer set. For me, better that than taking out stitches, better than cutting even more fresh fabric. It will be a quick and easy fix and while the weird seam that relates to nothing will be visible, it's all white and I don't even have to match fabrics or patterns.

The 9-patches and outer rows will be finished today. I might save the final block connections for tomorrow. Or, it's still early -- I might decide to watch a whole bunch of tv or do something else today instead.

Hope everyone else is having smooth sewing