Thread: In a bad slump
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 03:23 PM
Iceblossom

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I know that my productivity has been way down the last couple of years and while I typically am planned years in advance in what I want to make, I'm finding myself not really wanting to do much of anything at all.

I try to use one part "fake it until you make it" that I go ahead and try and do something fabric related, whether that is looking at a magazine or on line, or at fabric or something.

And then on the other hand, I give myself some slack. I ask "what is stopping me" and "is there anything I can do to remedy that". I have a small family myself and most of them have been quilted recently enough, maybe time to start another round but no babies or graduations or weddings or other things going on. I found it very demoralizing that especially during 202 that we couldn't find anyone local to take our "baby corner" donations due to Covid concerns. I decided I'd just have to concentrate on the part that makes me the happiest, the planning and piecing and let finishing and donating wait.

One of the things to do is ask yourself if you are simply done with this hobby. If the answer is no, where would you like to go? What would you like to do, what did you always put off until someday -- because maybe someday is now.

Best of luck and peace and joy -- and hang in there, baby!