View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 07:35 AM
mjpEncinitas

Got another boom quilt done. This one went quicker than usual because stcpaws and I had two minions to help us finish the quilt. We made if tor a fellow tennis player who is going in for breast cancer surgery. We used the turtle boom blocks, and a precut jelly roll to make things go quicker.

Stc put the blocks together and added the precut border. I made the pieced borders and put the top together. Heidi and Inge did almost all the cutting and all the ironing. I had everything prepared so we could use the help of non quilters. We worked outside from 10:30 -5:30, and got the top completed. I finished the quilting and binding and our friend Gretchen cried when she got it. She loved your beautiful blocks.

because we did this all in one day I was able to figure out the woman hours for the quilt. I assumed it took 2 hours to make each boom block. For StC and I, we average closer to 3 but we are slow. It was about 75 hours to make this quilt. Very minimal quilting for me. Did put dolphins in the borders. It’s very soft and cuddly. The last block went on the back as a label.

many thanks for all your blocks. It enabled us to put this quilt together before Gretchens surgery.

we called this Turtles and Dolphins; a German Girl quilt.

Attached Thumbnails a148354f-4ff2-4e16-8c40-aa9e527790ac.jpeg