View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 02:26 PM
Iceblossom

I am still using spray baste as my preferred option. It takes a bit to get used to the spray distance, but is great stuff. I typically use puffier poly batts than the warm and natural type and I haven't tried glue yet because I've had spray on hand and understand the glue doesn't work as well on my type of batts.

I will still use a few safety pins until I get the top partially quilted, particularly on the corners so they don't flap over and a couple to keep the center from shifting -- maybe 10-12 over the entire top and not the every hand distance of pin basting.

My biggest issue is space. For years my largest layout space has been the queen sized bed, which makes it rather challenging to layout a queen sized project -- especially when it has 4 posters and a foot board... Last year I found a free folding ping pong table and have to keep it folded and tarped outside. Nice thing is, I don't really have to worry about the finish or any warp or whatever. By regulation, the tables are 3 yards/108" long and 5 feet wide and the height is good for me to work at!