Old 01-14-2022, 06:59 AM
Mumto2

May I just say Bonnie’s picture of the completed quilt is beautiful! I am really excited to get mine all together but a bit intimidated by the corner units too. I have done on point before but not pieced on point! Make that statement intimidated in general........

Sewingpup, Last night silly me read your comment about how our thread will be around for quite awhile. As I read it and thought that in two weeks I would probably be all done and checking back to see others progress. Fortunately I wisely decided to wait and reply when I saw the reveal. There are many hours of work left. Many hours........I don’t think I can do it all in two weeks any longer. My mind has wandered off to some quicker projects already and I think I am going to let myself mix my projects up as I really want to get my heart themed quilt done for Valentine's Day and I started cutting last night. I am going to need to make a weekly schedule of sorts where a finish a step towards finishing each week.

I do really like it. That sashing is going to be time consuming but I love it. It’s a perfect way to break things up and give this quilt a bit of pop. I am so glad I already made those border pieces because they look beautiful! On Good Fortune I ended up shrinking the quilt and skipping the outer borders as I didn’t have many of those blocks premade and was trying to finish months later. This time they are done and need to be used!