Old 01-14-2022, 09:11 AM
Iceblossom

Mumto -- part of what is confusing is the garnet squares will be trimmed off, the triangles will finish with the jagged edge for now and trimmed when assembled..If you've never done that sort of thing before it feels really weird to have the fabric just hanging out into space.

Also, we have to be careful about which way the butterflies go.

When I said I thought about leaving my mis-sewn units alone and hoping for the best -- lol well this would have used them just perfectly! So it goes...

I will start out by making the correct number of white/garnet square combinations. Half of them will be used with toppers of the butterfly blocks -- double checking that I am turning the hourglasses correctly. The other half will be joined to that, and then the remaining square. I think of it as 3-2-1 (3 pieces, 2 pieces, 1 piece). Then I will make the long rectangle/square combo. Half again will be topped with a butterfly and again I will have to check myself to make sure they are going the right way.

But, if I am to get pictures, I need to step away from the computer. I am adequately prepared with enough coffee and loud music.