Old 01-14-2022, 06:16 PM
Mumto2

Iceblossom Thank you. I read your post and went for a walk with hubby. While walking I started to calm down a bit about the triangles, the on point, and how long all the skinny strips of blue were going to take. I may think the finished product is lovely but fully grasped that I have a long way to go!

So like Sandra P I sat down and made a triangle. I was just going to do one but decided I could make all the ones for facing one way and chip away at the finish by doing a small amount every day or two when I sit down to sew. I don’t like how they flop but as long as they are being cut off it’s OK......and since I don’t care for my garnets I won’t care when I throw out loads of garnet bits!

I experimented with my blue background because if I want to change to aqua now is the time. I think I am happy with the blue. I think of beautiful blue sky’s when I think of rhododendrons so plan to stick with the original plan. I took a couple of pictures......
Attached Thumbnails ececcbb5-9738-4b59-8a7e-2168328eada3.jpeg   997796be-5cbc-4eef-bef7-08baa7e0eff3.jpeg