Thread: New Bernina
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 08:49 AM
Iceblossom

Jlowilliams -- Your machine probably came with a disk in the manuals, mine had videos based on the manual chapters which were also on line. I have vision issues and a hard time with the manual, but the videos and voice overs were fine.

This is Bernina, but there are many very useful videos by instructors and shop owners and heavy users.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaP0wfAMdS8

The way I work, I knew I could use my fancy machine basically the same as I could my vintage machine but I wanted to take advantage of the many things it had available. So I started trying out things and learning just by want I want to know. I will probably never know how to make a buttonhole on my current machine But I have used the built in Letters and fancy stitches, love having a serpentine stitch, love having the BSR (bernina stitch regulator), love many things.

Mostly I made a series of crib-twin sized quilts each trying to learn something and other things as they came up.

"Cranky Bernie" was in the shop quite a bit, had its repair which was less than feared. And then a year later the repair had to be done again. And two weeks later, that part failed and had to be redone again. Not to jinx myself but we've been working pretty well together for the last couple of months.