View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 08:01 AM
rryder

Off to a good start today! I got all the triangles sewn onto the 16 patches that will be the rays of the star for my October Debby Brown quilt. Now they just need to be ironed, squared up and I'll be ready to start assembling once I've got the sashing and cornerstone pieces cut. I think I'm going to spend some more time today working on the doodle quilt and maybe getting the Sept. Debby Brown quilt trimmed and bound.

On the decluttering front, I've fallen behind on the Just get it done challenge- still need to go through notions, and scraps of all kinds. I don't have any kits, so that's one category I don't need to worry about YAY!. I know I've got lots of notions squirreled away after more than 40 years of sewing, quilting, free motion embroidery, etc. And, I am an inveterate scrap saver- I save fabric scraps, stabilizer scraps, fusible webbing scraps, batting scraps, thread scraps, lace and trims scraps.... My fabric scraps are actually under control, but the other scraps could use a good going through. So the question is, should I spend time today going through various scrap categories, or deal with notions??????

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on today.

Rob