View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 08:08 AM
Raggiemom

Well I was lazy and took the weekend off from quilting and the computer . My husband was actually free this weekend so we just relaxed and watched tv. Ended up watching "Eternals" last night; really good movie for any Marvel fans who haven't seen it yet.

railroadersbrat--glad you'll at least be able to be in the sewing corner but hope you're feeling better

NZquilter--it's never too early to start Christmas ornaments and gifts!

Gemm--pretty quilt!

tallchick--how much snow did you get? I think we had about 3 inches here in Cincinnati

rff1010, toogie, beckyboo1--lone stars are so pretty. I've made a few but used Quiltsmart interfacing. I have a template (item #SCL-517-00 at quiltingstencils.com) that I've used for the quilting.

lolagrace--welcome!

WMUTeach--it all depends on how you want to make the mariners compas. A Good Life has an English paper piecing pattern. Quiltsmart has an interfacing version. I haven't made that one but have made several other patterns by Quiltsmart. I find their directions to be quite good. Brenda Henning has a book, Mariners Compass, which uses foundation paper piecing. There are patterns which use rulers, I don't know anything about them. Hope that helps.

Now off to my sewing room for a few hours